Filigree Leather Masquerade Mask Hand Dyed
• Story: We were inspired by Slavic ornamentation and filigree when creating this mask. This mask is great for those that want to wear something light weight that really shows the eye area. It's great for elaborately done makeup with false eyelashes. It is hand dyed and hand sculpted in the nose area for comfort and visual contouring.
• Leather: Vegetable Tan
• Colouring: Water-Dye
• Timeline to create: 8-10 business days. Please get in contact with us for rush orders (available on some items). If the item is in stock we can ship on short notice!
• Shipping: Shipping includes a tracking number: This is a very large leather mask that requires special shipping.
• Additional Info: This mask can be ordered in other colours. Red, blue, green, brown, purple are all the same price.
• Gold and Silver must be hand painted with several coats allowing several hours of drying time between each so they are $88.
• Our masks are very comfortable to wear and are often purchased by: mask collectors, actors, models and photographers for photo shoots, performers, musicians, masquerade attendees, and festivals goers (ex: burning man). This mask is finished on the inside can be worn or displayed on your wall or mask stand as artwork.
Notes from the studio:
How we make our pieces:
All of the masks we create are meticulously hand sculpted, hand dyed / hand painted and hand finished. Often our masks also feature hand carved highlights as well. Each of our masks is an original design based on our inspirations, which include: fantasy, travelling to ancient ruins, history and mythology. The leather used is an ethically sourced tooling hide that wears nicely over time. All of the leather used to create our masks is vegetable tanned and is a byproduct of the food industry. The dyes used are an environmentally friendly water based dye which leaves a rich hand-finished touch on each mask bringing out the unique highlights, grains, and character of each piece of leather*. A number of our designs also include special stone, crystal, or glass cabochons in custom leather bezels stitched onto the piece. In addition to the cabochons some of our pieces feature hand beaded highlights to create further depth and beauty. Many of the masks also feature hand painting which is done with a variety of acrylic paints specially created for leather applications. All of our masks are hand dyed (black) on the inside and finished with a special non-toxic coating which can be wore directly against the skin and is easy to maintain. We use a variety of different, hand applied, finishes to both protect and emphasize the leathers natural beauty. Finishes may include, but are not limited to, any or all of the following depending on the piece: high quality oils, waxes, gums, lacquers and protective coats.
* Note: all colours will pick up the natural highlights and lowlights found in the leather. While these variations add a beautiful texture and character to each piece it does not give a solid colour like industrially dyed, heavily chemical dyed, leathers. Also each piece of leather, like wood, is different and has its own characteristics. These are not considered flaws.
Made-To-Order and Remakes:
Because we are selling online in 4 different stores and we are doing shows it may take the full 8-10 days for us to ship the item out to you if we have to remake it. Because of this your item will look either almost the same or very close to what you see in the picture. If you need the item sooner please message us to see if the item is in stock.
Photo: Studio E
Model Carra Pischke
This listing is for a cross body black purse with a human skull carved and tooled on to the leather.
Constructed by hand, hand dyed and hand carved, from sustainable ethically sourced leather this truly is a functional piece of wearable art that will last and last.
Bag is unlined and has hand finished interior.
Color- black hand dyed leather with silver. gold, antique gold, antique silver rivets hardware.
The finished dimensions of the purse are approximately: 10.5 x 7.75 x 3.25
The straps adjust on both sides of the purse and start at and go from 49" to 55"
This item is not available as wholesale item.
This leather bound journal has been hand carved, tooled (with areas raised to make it look almost 3-d), dyed and hand bound with thick card stock paper.
This skull book was hand crafted by Edmonton artist Amy Skrocki (Paragon of Design of Skrocki). The casing for this book was created from top quality leather, hand carved and tooled, hand dyed, and hand bound. The inside cover shows a large stamp that was made in studio. The pages in this book are acid free thick cardstock and ideal for: writing, drawing, photos, or keepsakes. The book can be rebound when you have filled the pages as well, so the case can be used for a long time. We try to create the pieces we always hoped to find, in this way we have created truly one of a kind pieces that no one else will have.
The size of this book is 15.6 x 23.4 x 4 cm.
Shipping includes a tracking number, delivery confirmation and insurance up to $100.00. Each item comes with a care card and authentication card.
First and last name initials can be added to this book. Please contact us in advance of purchasing or leave a comment in the buy box.
Imagine you are traveling...it could be anywhere...an exotic over seas destination...a cross country trek...or maybe just heading out to enjoy your home town for the day. This book is the perfect companion. If you like to draw. If you like to write. Or maybe you like to display your photography the old fashioned way...in a beautiful book which you keep readily at hand to share with visitors. Maybe you don't like to do any of this...but you know someone who does...No matter whom its for this a truly exceptional gift! Let the richness of the quality North American leather and card stock pages pull you into an era past. Designed to inspire you, or that special someone, these books are our way of imparting our creative spirit to you!
The lotus leather book you are currently admiring was hand crafted by Edmonton artist Amy Skrocki (Paragon of Design of Skrocki). The casing for this book was created from top quality leather, hand carved and tooled, hand dyed, and hand bound. The lotus has been hand painted in metallic paints which are difficult to photograph and much more beautiful in person. The pages in this book are acid free thick cardstock and ideal for: writing, drawing, photos, or keepsakes. The book can be rebound when you have filled the pages as well, so the case can be used for a long time. We try to create the pieces we always hoped to find, in this way we have created truly one of a kind pieces that no one else will have.
The size of this book is 15.6 x 23.4 x 4.
Each item comes with a care card and authentication card.
Lined pages come with 320 writing surfaces and 24 lb paper.