Forest Green Leather Journal with Mushrooms Nestling a Pine Tree in the Leaves. Forest green notebook
This is based on one of Amy's drawings and turned into a leather "print" by us in our leather studio. Sometimes mushrooms are through to symbolize longevity, good health and transformation.
- Size Available as a 9x6 or 5x7 inch journal.
• Leather: Tanned with Vegetables and tree barks this leather is environmentally friendly and is ethically sourced as a byproduct of the food industry. This leather softens wonderfully with time and use
• Paper: 24 lb sustainable acid free paper lets you capture your amazing ideas and precious memories with pen or pencil
• Page Count: 160 writing / drawing surfaces (double sided=160) to capture your ideas and memories as you go! Lined paper available under options drop down.
• Binding: easy to follow Classic Medieval style that you can re-bind (refill)
• Colour: Hand dyed and available in smokey grey, tan and forest green.
How we make our pieces:
Each book in this series is etched with our own hand drawn artwork. Each image etched onto these books is an original created from our inspirations, which include: fantasy, travelling to ancient ruins, history and mythology. Made from supple, vegetable tanned leather the books in this series come in either large or small sizes. This leather is ethically sourced as a byproduct of the food industry. The acid free wheat straw pages are great for: writing, drawing, sketching, pen, pencil, etc. The classic bind used on these books gives an elegant old-world finish and allows the user or local book-binding clubs to easily rebind the book with any type of paper.
* Note: The distressed, vintage style, leather is never the same twice. The antiquing process is done by hand and will have different variations in the antiqued pattern while maintaining the same consistent high quality. Every book has it's own unique characteristics making each an individual experience. These variations add a beautiful texture and character to each piece. Also each piece of leather, like wood, is different and has its own characteristics. These are not considered flaws and this type of process is for people who live rustic, individual journals. Only one antiqued color is available at this time. Some of the antiquing dye may be on the inside suede of the journal, we feel this adds to the rustic nature of this journal.
This leather bound journal has been hand carved, tooled (with areas raised to make it look almost 3-d), dyed and hand bound with thick card stock paper.
This skull book was hand crafted by Edmonton artist Amy Skrocki (Paragon of Design of Skrocki). The casing for this book was created from top quality leather, hand carved and tooled, hand dyed, and hand bound. The inside cover shows a large stamp that was made in studio. The pages in this book are acid free thick cardstock and ideal for: writing, drawing, photos, or keepsakes. The book can be rebound when you have filled the pages as well, so the case can be used for a long time. We try to create the pieces we always hoped to find, in this way we have created truly one of a kind pieces that no one else will have.
The size of this book is 15.6 x 23.4 x 4 cm.
First and last name initials can be added to this book. Please leave a comment in the buy box. For letters or quotes over 3 characters and up to 20 they will be burned into the leather.
This listing is for a cross body black purse with a human skull carved and tooled on to the leather.
This highly original purse is truly is a functional piece of wearable art that will last and last. We developed a custom pattern for this purse and each purse is constructed by hand, hand-dyed, and hand-carved from sustainable ethically sourced leather. The thick vegetable-tanned leather used to construct this purse softens beautifully with time and use for a feel you will love.
Color- black hand-dyed leather
Hardware - silver rivets, lock, and buckle. Gold hardware is available in drop-down menu.
Leather - Vegetable tanned
There are three sizes for this bag:
Small: the finished dimensions of the purse are approximate: 8 x 6.5 x 2.5 inches
Large: the finished dimensions of the purse are approximate: 10.5 x 7.75 x 3.25 inches
XL: the finished dimensions of the purse are approximate: 12 x 9 x 4 inches
There are two options for the larger skull purse, one adjustable strap or two (as seen in photo). The strap adjusts from 49" to 55"
If you want your strap shorter please let us know in the notes section when checking out.
Want your initials to customize this purse and make it your own? We can do this for you! Up to 3 initials free. Please just add them to the notes at check out :)
* Note: all colors will pick up the natural highlights and lowlights found in the leather. While these variations add a beautiful texture and character to each piece it does not give a solid color like industrially dyed, heavily chemical dyed, leathers. Because it is not industrially dyed the leather is not softened with harsh chemicals but has to slowly break in to soften with time and use. As you use your new bag, it will take on the characteristics of the story you are creating together. Also, each piece of leather, like wood, is different and has its own characteristics including ripples, creases, high and low areas as this is a natural product. We do not consider these flaws but the unique characteristics of each piece of leather.
The dyes used are an environmentally friendly water-based dye which leaves a rich hand-finished touch on each bag bringing out the unique highlights, grains, and character of each piece of leather. We use a variety of different hand-applied, finishes to both protect and emphasize the leathers natural beauty. The wax on the outside casing is Carnauba wax or palm wax and is non-toxic food-grade wax. This wax can occasionally be seen in the carvings on our leatherwork and eventually will wear away.
This item is not available as a wholesale item.