5 x 7 inch - Not all those who wander are lost - Leather Journal
Viking ship journal or Viking boat leather book in rustic leather. Available as a personalized journal with lined paper or blank pages.
Based on a real Viking ship from the Viking boat museum in Norway this book is a perfect gift for Viking enthusiasts.
Whether you’re an aspiring poet, a seasoned writer or just looking for a way to keep organized this journal will be your perfect companion. Whether you’re leaving the country, the city or just going out for the day this highly portable journal will be there to catch your next verse, plot twist or grocery list. This journal is also great for sketching while you relax at home or when you are on the go. The distressed, vintage style, leather is never the same twice because we create the antiquing process in our studio one at a time. Every book has its own unique characteristics making each an individual experience.
This journal makes a great travel journal as it can be slightly rolled up to put in your bag!
•: On the front is an etching of a historically based viking ship.
• Size: 5 x 7 (available in drop down menu)
• Leather: vegetable tanned leather which may be more or less rustic than featured in photos. IF you would like either more rustic or less rustic please put this in the comments. Very rustic or antiqued leather is limited.
• Paper: 24 lb blank
• Page Count: 192 writing / drawing surfaces
• Binding: Classic Medieval: can be re-bound when full. Bound with a strong waxed thread.
• Timeline to create: 5-7 business days. Please get in contact with us for rush orders (available on some items). If the item is in stock we can ship on short notice!
• Shipping: Shipping can be upgraded to expedited. All shipments have a tracking number. Please contact us.
• Additional Info: The paper can be changed to 24 lb lined page in drop down menu.
• Initials: free! Please add up to 4 initials into the notes section when checking out. We can add quotes under 8 words for free.
•Color- Shades of tan.
•Wrap or lock available in drop down menu.
•Thread color- Want a different thread color? you can choose between 3 colors. Please put your color choice in the notes section. If nothing is indicated black thread will be used.
*The leather pictured in the photographs is only an example of the type of leather you will receive in colour and variations. Also because all computers, tablets, tvs and phone screens are different the colour may differ slightly from the colour of the leather in the photographs.
This leather bound journal has been hand carved, tooled (with areas raised to make it look almost 3-d), dyed and hand bound with thick card stock paper.
This skull book was hand crafted by Edmonton artist Amy Skrocki (Paragon of Design of Skrocki). The casing for this book was created from top quality leather, hand carved and tooled, hand dyed, and hand bound. The inside cover shows a large stamp that was made in studio. The pages in this book are acid free thick cardstock and ideal for: writing, drawing, photos, or keepsakes. The book can be rebound when you have filled the pages as well, so the case can be used for a long time. We try to create the pieces we always hoped to find, in this way we have created truly one of a kind pieces that no one else will have.
The size of this book is 15.6 x 23.4 x 4 cm.
First and last name initials can be added to this book. Please leave a comment in the buy box. For letters or quotes over 3 characters and up to 20 they will be burned into the leather.
This listing is for a cross body black purse with a human skull carved and tooled on to the leather.
This highly original purse is truly is a functional piece of wearable art that will last and last. We developed a custom pattern for this purse and each purse is constructed by hand, hand-dyed, and hand-carved from sustainable ethically sourced leather. The thick vegetable-tanned leather used to construct this purse softens beautifully with time and use for a feel you will love.
Color- black hand-dyed leather
Hardware - silver rivets, lock, and buckle. Gold hardware is available in drop-down menu.
Leather - Vegetable tanned
There are three sizes for this bag:
Small: the finished dimensions of the purse are approximate: 8 x 6.5 x 2.5 inches
Large: the finished dimensions of the purse are approximate: 10.5 x 7.75 x 3.25 inches
XL: the finished dimensions of the purse are approximate: 12 x 9 x 4 inches
There are two options for the larger skull purse, one adjustable strap or two (as seen in photo). The strap adjusts from 49" to 55"
If you want your strap shorter please let us know in the notes section when checking out.
Want your initials to customize this purse and make it your own? We can do this for you! Up to 3 initials free. Please just add them to the notes at check out :)
* Note: all colors will pick up the natural highlights and lowlights found in the leather. While these variations add a beautiful texture and character to each piece it does not give a solid color like industrially dyed, heavily chemical dyed, leathers. Because it is not industrially dyed the leather is not softened with harsh chemicals but has to slowly break in to soften with time and use. As you use your new bag, it will take on the characteristics of the story you are creating together. Also, each piece of leather, like wood, is different and has its own characteristics including ripples, creases, high and low areas as this is a natural product. We do not consider these flaws but the unique characteristics of each piece of leather.
The dyes used are an environmentally friendly water-based dye which leaves a rich hand-finished touch on each bag bringing out the unique highlights, grains, and character of each piece of leather. We use a variety of different hand-applied, finishes to both protect and emphasize the leathers natural beauty. The wax on the outside casing is Carnauba wax or palm wax and is non-toxic food-grade wax. This wax can occasionally be seen in the carvings on our leatherwork and eventually will wear away.
This item is not available as a wholesale item.